Eat these 9 Foods to Look Better Naked
Whether your goal is to look better naked or look better with your clothes on, eating the right foods is key. According to the book, Look Better Naked! The 6-Week Plan to Your Leanest, Hottest Body -- Ever!, written by Women's Health magazine editor-in-chief Michele Promaulayko, certain foods can help you lose weight, burn belly fat, tone muscle, and make your hair and skin glow. These nine foods may help you achieve your naked ambitions.
Lean protein-foods. They're important for building muscle mass and controlling craving-inducing, blood sugar dives. Not all protein sources are created equal though. These five are particular effective in helping you look better naked.
1) Grass-fed beef. It contains less fat and fewer calories per serving than grain-fed beef. It's also high in omega 3 fatty acids, (important for heart health and cell metabolism) and conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) to help reduce belly fat and build lean muscle.
2) Skinless chicken breasts. They're an excellent protein source that also contains high levels of Coenzyme Q10. This antioxidant is thought to assist cell reproduction for healthy skin.
3) Tuna. Canned or fresh, this high-protein fish is easy to prepare, convenient and versatile. Grill up some tuna steaks, add canned tuna to salads and keep some around for easy snacking. Lay off the high-fat mayonnaise though or you'll have to kick this high-energy food off your look better naked list.
4) Tofu. Not into meat? This soy-based protein is full of antioxidants for cell renewal, iron for energy, is high in calcium and naturally lowfat.
5) Shrimp. It contains zinc and iron for energy production as well as low fat protein. The more energy you have, the more you can spend working out, burning fat and building muscle to look better naked.
Dairy products. Studies show that overweight/obese adults who ate dairy-rich diets lost significantly more weight (while consuming the same number of calories) than people who ate dairy-poor diets. Dairy is a great source of calcium, which plays a significant role in calorie metabolism. But it was the dairy, not just the calcium that was essential for weight loss. Low-fat, calcium-rich foods also support long-term weight loss by helping maintain stable blood sugar.
6) Choose low-fat milk, yogurt and small portions of cheese.
Brightly-colored vegetables. They make perfect additions to your "naked list" because they're high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals and are extra-filling. They'll help you burn calories, keep your skin healthy and help you stay regular to avoid bloating.
7) Bell Peppers. These juicy peppers are high in antioxidants for cell renewal and perfect for salads, snacks or stir-fries.
8) Avocados. They're loaded with healthy fats and vitamins for strong muscles and glowing skin. They're a rich, satisfying ingredient for salads, sandwiches and dips and keep you satisfied longer than some lower-fat foods.
9) Garbanzo Beans. They're high-fiber, high-protein and chock full of vitamins and minerals. Mash them with garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and a little salt and you've got hummus, a perfect sandwich spread or veggie dip.
"Look Better Naked! The 6-Week Plan to Your Leanest, Hottest Body -- Ever!"
Authors, Michele Promaulayko and Maura Rhodes, April 2010, Rodale Press
American Grassfed Beef: http://www.americangrassfedbeef.com/grass-fed-natural-beef.asp
Sign Up for Free Newsletters
Ask Your Doctor the RIGHT Questions!
the most from your doctor visit.
Emailed right to you!
The Ask Your Doctor email series
may contain sponsored content.
18+, US residents only please.
Explore Original Articles About...
Get the MOST from QualityHealth
- Top Searches
- 1. Arthritis Management: Nature Heals
- 2. 5 Digestive To-Dos
- 3. Men: Should You Shave It or Leave It?
- 4. Today's Top Fitness Trends
- 5. Sugar and Osteoarthritis : The Link
- 6. Can't Afford Your Hospital Bills?
- 7. Stay Energized All Day Long
- 8. Phobias: Who Has Them and Why?
- 9. What If Your EpiPen Fails?
- 10. 5 Costly Medical Billing Mistakes
- 1. Ice Falls Can Cause Serious Injuries
- 2. Can Inactivity Act Like a Disease?
- 3. Kale Snack Recipe for Diabetics
- 4. How Running Affects Arthritis
- 5. Sugar and Your Immunity System
- 6. Do Weight Loss Supplements Work?
- 7. 5 Super Foods for Spring
- 8. The Hazards of Reusable Bags
- 9. How to Avoid Ingrown Hairs
- 10. Health Tip: Constantly Change Shoes
- 1. 4 Common Treatments for Epilepsy
- 2. What Does a Urogynecologist Do?
- 3. GERD Without Heartburn? It's Possible
- 4. Graston Technique: Can It Work on You?
- 5. Music Therapy Can Help Autism
- 6. 8 Ways to Fight MS-Related Fatigue
- 7. Can You Still Bleed After Menopause?
- 8. Be Your Own Health Care Advocate
- 9. Why Is Syphillis on the Rise?
- 10. Ideal Weight vs. Happy Weight
The material on the QualityHealth Web site is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a physician or other qualified health provider. See additional information.