What She's Really Thinking
Ever wonder what a woman is thinking on your first date, after the first kiss, or after sex? Read on to get a glimpse into what women are thinking during every step of the game.
On a First Date
Even on a first date you might be focused on getting her into bed, but she'll be thinking of lots of things before the "moment of truth" is even close.
- You are five minutes late. Not a good sign.
- Okay, you're here. You look cute. But you're going to have to do something about that hair.
- I wonder how he thinks I look. Hopefully not like a total slut.
- If you don't ask me a question in the next 5 seconds, I don't think this is going to work out.
- I have to think of something flirtatious to say.
- Am I talking too much?
Before a First Kiss
Try to tune in--she might be giving you signals to go faster--or slower.
- I am making this really easy, dude. Your job is to get the signals.
- Why hasn't he kissed me yet? Doesn't he like me?
- I hope he's a good kisser.
- Okay, here he goes. Finally.
After a First Kiss
You may be in the moment or thinking of your next physical move, but she is thinking of other things beyond that first kiss.
- I wonder if we'll be exclusive.
- Is this going to stop at kissing or are we going to keep going?
- I wonder what he's like in bed.
The First Night Spent Together
The moment of truth is almost here. She might be worrying about how she looks (no matter how hot you think she is).
- Am I sure I really want to have sex with him? Is he the right guy?
- What if he's no good in bed?
- I'm glad I worked out yesterday.
- I hope he keeps the lights off because maybe I don't look that good.
- I wonder if we'll get married.
What you view as a casual hook up may hold a lot more meaning for her. Women seek more emotional connection than you think--even though they might not say anything about that.
- He might be the one.
- Does he like me?
- What did you think of me in bed?
- Should I have had sex with him so soon? This didn't work out last time.
- Will my friends like him?
- Will he call me again?
Tips for Success with Women
There are a few things that really trigger women and could get you locked out of a future with her, even if all you want is a second date. Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Don't be late.
- Don't only talk about yourself.
- Be a good listener. Women like to be listened to and engaged--not simply agreed with.
- Follow up. Call her the next day no matter how casual the hook-up seemed.
- If she asks you to meet her friends and you are interested in her, do it. You can't go forward with her unless you have the stamp of approval.
Remember that women tend to be global thinkers. As a guy you may be thinking, "Hot babe, fun date." And she's thinking, "Cute guy, fun date, will my friends like him? Maybe he's THE ONE." Women are multi-dimensional creatures, often thinking way beyond the moment and way beyond that moment of your first kiss.
Sign Up for Free Newsletters
Ask Your Doctor the RIGHT Questions!
the most from your doctor visit.
Emailed right to you!
The Ask Your Doctor email series
may contain sponsored content.
18+, US residents only please.
Explore Original Articles About...
Get the MOST from QualityHealth
- Top Searches
- 1. Arthritis Management: Nature Heals
- 2. 5 Digestive To-Dos
- 3. Men: Should You Shave It or Leave It?
- 4. Today's Top Fitness Trends
- 5. Sugar and Osteoarthritis : The Link
- 6. Can't Afford Your Hospital Bills?
- 7. Stay Energized All Day Long
- 8. Phobias: Who Has Them and Why?
- 9. What If Your EpiPen Fails?
- 10. 5 Costly Medical Billing Mistakes
- 1. Hotter Temperatures Linked To Kidney Stones
- 2. Summer Bug Bites: What to Look For
- 3. Skin Health Advice with Dr. Kenneth Beer
- 4. Summer Safety Tips That Every Parent Needs To Know
- 5. Sugar and Your Immunity System
- 6. Do Weight Loss Supplements Work?
- 7. 5 Super Foods for Spring
- 8. The Hazards of Reusable Bags
- 9. How to Avoid Ingrown Hairs
- 10. Health Tip: Constantly Change Shoes
- 1. 4 Common Treatments for Epilepsy
- 2. What Does a Urogynecologist Do?
- 3. GERD Without Heartburn? It's Possible
- 4. Graston Technique: Can It Work on You?
- 5. Music Therapy Can Help Autism
- 6. 8 Ways to Fight MS-Related Fatigue
- 7. Can You Still Bleed After Menopause?
- 8. Be Your Own Health Care Advocate
- 9. Why Is Syphillis on the Rise?
- 10. Ideal Weight vs. Happy Weight
The material on the QualityHealth Web site is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a physician or other qualified health provider. See additional information.