Midday Workout: 5 Freshening Tips
A growing number of busy fitness buffs are scheduling workouts for their lunch hours. The upside? Better health, less stress, increased productivity, and more energy that can keep you charged up throughout the rest of the workday. The downside? Sweaty hair, damp clothes, body odor, and not enough time to freshen up. While some people avoid the gym rat look by choosing sweat-less workouts like walking, yoga, Pilates, and strength training; others just go for it. When there's no time to shower, try these five tips to freshen up after a midday workout:
- Hand sanitizer: Alcohol-based hand sanitizers work great for eliminating sweat and bacteria after a workout. Wipe a few drops under your arms and breasts and across your neck, chest, back, and shoulders. You'll be cool, dry, and sweat-free within moments. Avoid using anti-bacterial products, and don't use hand sanitizer on delicate tissues, irritated skin, or areas with nicks, cuts, or scrapes.
- Baby powder: Cornstarch-based baby powder is custom-made to absorb moisture. Available in scented or unscented, it's suitable for even the most delicate areas of your sweaty body. Just sprinkle a little in your hand and dust your armpits, feet, shoes, underwear, and anywhere you're feeling damp. It even doubles as dry shampoo. Just dust your hands lightly and run your fingers close to the roots of your hair and the nape of your neck. Wipe any extra visible powder off with your towel.
- Baby wipes: If you're really in a rush, grab a couple baby wipes and give your sweatiest body parts a quick swab. Then, wipe your face, swipe on some deodorant, and get back to work.
- Fresh underwear: Stash a fresh pair of underwear and a fresh bra in your gym bag. Even if there's no time to shower, it only takes a few seconds to strip off your sweaty under clothes and don fresh ones. Not only will that help you avoid being smelly the rest of your day, it'll also protect your skin from irritation, yeast infections, and chafing caused by hours of wearing damp fabrics.
- Mini make over: Stash some deodorant, concealer, translucent powder, and other easy makeup essentials in your car. A couple of swipes, pats, and touch-ups later and you're ready to head back to the office.
Make sure to schedule time to refuel after your workout. Pack a lunch you can eat in your car or at your desk, drink plenty of water, and shower as soon as possible after you get home.
Sign Up for Free Newsletters
Ask Your Doctor the RIGHT Questions!
the most from your doctor visit.
Emailed right to you!
The Ask Your Doctor email series
may contain sponsored content.
18+, US residents only please.
Explore Original Articles About...
Get the MOST from QualityHealth
- Top Searches
- 1. Arthritis Management: Nature Heals
- 2. 5 Digestive To-Dos
- 3. Men: Should You Shave It or Leave It?
- 4. Today's Top Fitness Trends
- 5. Sugar and Osteoarthritis : The Link
- 6. Can't Afford Your Hospital Bills?
- 7. Stay Energized All Day Long
- 8. Phobias: Who Has Them and Why?
- 9. What If Your EpiPen Fails?
- 10. 5 Costly Medical Billing Mistakes
- 1. Ice Falls Can Cause Serious Injuries
- 2. Can Inactivity Act Like a Disease?
- 3. Kale Snack Recipe for Diabetics
- 4. How Running Affects Arthritis
- 5. Sugar and Your Immunity System
- 6. Do Weight Loss Supplements Work?
- 7. 5 Super Foods for Spring
- 8. The Hazards of Reusable Bags
- 9. How to Avoid Ingrown Hairs
- 10. Health Tip: Constantly Change Shoes
- 1. 4 Common Treatments for Epilepsy
- 2. What Does a Urogynecologist Do?
- 3. GERD Without Heartburn? It's Possible
- 4. Graston Technique: Can It Work on You?
- 5. Music Therapy Can Help Autism
- 6. 8 Ways to Fight MS-Related Fatigue
- 7. Can You Still Bleed After Menopause?
- 8. Be Your Own Health Care Advocate
- 9. Why Is Syphillis on the Rise?
- 10. Ideal Weight vs. Happy Weight
The material on the QualityHealth Web site is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a physician or other qualified health provider. See additional information.